The Government Affairs Team supports The Ohio State University through the pursuit of public policy outcomes that strategically benefit the University.
To acheive our objectives at the federal, state and community levels, the Government affairs team:
- Facilitates the development, implementation and advocacy of the University's public policy agenda.
- Collaborates with Ohio State colleagues, government officials and key external constituencies to identify, anticipate, influence, and manage public policy issues that impact the success of the University.
- Fosters strong and lasting working relationships among the university community, public officials and others active in the public arena.
- Delivers timely and relevant information about Ohio State to key public audiences.
- Informs internal and external constituencies about developments and issues affecting the policy-making environment.
- Reinforces Ohio State's role as a leader in overall public policy debate
- Assists policy makers to improve the economic, educational social and health standards of the nation, state, and community.