Nomination Criteria and Guidelines
Nomination guidelines include:
- Those who are nominating a Champion must be a living cancer survivor. If a survivor is under age 18, a parent or guardian can fill out the form on his or her behalf.
- Nominee must NOT have received compensation for services, assistance or care for which the nomination has been submitted.
- All information must be complete and accurate, including daytime phone numbers.
- A resume, vitae or job description will not be accepted as part of a nomination.
- A nationwide nomination selection committee will choose recipients. The decisions of the selection committee are final.
- Winners and nominators will be notified by phone after February 1, 2013.
- Champion award winners will be honored on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 at a luncheon event in the Archie M. Griffin Grand Ballroom at The Ohio Union on The Ohio State University campus in Columbus.
- Please fully complete contact information for yourself and your nominee.
- In the essay box, please provide as much information as possible about why you think your nominee is deserving of a Stefanie's Champions award. Please share specific examples and stories to help the selection committee. For inspiration, visit the Stefanie's Champions event page to read the stories of past Champion award winners. Answers should thoroughly reflect the all of the following:
- How has your Champion, without expectation of reward, helped, comforted, uplifted and supported you during your battle with cancer?
- How has your Champion made a lasting impression in your life?
- How has your Champion made sacrifices in his or her life in an effort to help you?
- Please include supporting materials such as photographs, clippings or letters in your nomination, as they are helpful to the selection committee. (Read a sample nomination and supporting materials from a previous Champion.To learn more about 2012 Nominator Alex Kip visit http://akipprod.com) Be sure to indicate the name of your Champion with those materials (we’re sorry, but originals cannot be returned) and e-mail them to Fundraising.Events@osumc.edu or mail them to:
OSUCCC – James
Office of Development
660 Ackerman Rd., 601G
PO Box 183112
Columbus, Ohio 43218-3112