Stefanie’s Champions annually honors those whose dedication and strength were powerful influences in the lives of cancer survivors. Stefanie Spielman found her Champion in her husband, Chris, who went above and beyond his role as husband to care for her throughout her battle with cancer. To show her gratitude, Stefanie gave Chris the first Champion award. Though Stefanie’s battle ended in 2009, Stefanie’s Champions continues her legacy by honoring those whose dedication and strength are powerful influences in the lives of cancer survivors. It was her hope that every survivor could name someone who stood by them, gave them courage and helped them through.
Stefanie and Chris established Stefanie’s Champions to recognize one of the most critical factors in surviving cancer: loving, unwavering support. To read the touching stories of past Stefanie's Champions awardees, please click on the links to the left.
2013 Stefanie's Champions
This year’s honored Champions are:
Watch videos from the event and learn more about the 2013 Champions.
- 2013 Champion of Hope: Shannon Peterson, Upper Arlington, OH
- James Caudill, Dublin, OH, Nominated by wife, Bethany Caudill
- Josh Huffman, Pandora, OH, Nominated by wife, Laura Huffman
- Dennis N. McFadden, Riverlea, OH, Nominated by friend, Sherri Cooke
- Kathy Peugh, Reynoldsburg, OH, Nominated by mother-in-law, April Perkins
- David Zartman, Worthington, OH, Nominated by wife, Micki Zartman
You're invited to make a donation
in honor of the 2013 Stefanie's Champions
Thank you to our 2013 Sponsors!
William H. Davis, Dorothy M. Davis and William C. Davis Foundation
The Kroger Co.
Abigail and Leslie Wexner
The Dispatch Printing Co.
97.1 The Fan
Pink Ribbon Sponsors:
Atlas Industrial Contractors, LLC
The Fitz Family
Ohio State's Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
Stefanie’s Team of Hope, in honor of Shannon Peterson