Components of a Scientific Paper
Two main parts of a scientific paper
Format for a Scientific Article
- Introduction (Theoretical)
- Problem statement with citations
- Review the current publications (Theoretical)
- Methods (Empirical)
- Design and Setting
- Measurement Instruments
- Data Collection Procedures
- Data Analysis
- Results (Empirical)
- Discussion (Empirical)
- Conclusions and Implications (Empirical)
Points to Scientific Writing
- Use relevant and timely citations.
- If it is not cited, it sounds like opinion.
- Write in the third person:
- First Person- I, we, our, their…
- Second Person- you…
- Third Person- the clinical nurse…
Who is the target audience?
One paper cannot address everyone
Saver, C. (2006). Writing Effectively. AORN (83)6, 1330-1333.
[Back to Top]
Contents of a Research Proposal PPT