Project Leaders: Clara D. Bloomfield, MD, and Michael Grever, MD
The Development Research Program (DRP) is a critical component of the Leukemia SPORE; it effectively demands the exploration of new ideas as pilot projects, development of new resources and implementation of new technologies that are the driving elements of translational research. This effort also provides the SPORE investigators with a renewable source of projects that can fully develop and replace existing SPORE projects that have been completed or have not fulfilled specific translational expectations. The DRP seeks to fund a broad range of proposals that will enhance our existing SPORE Projects, from basic science investigation, population science, and innovative approaches toward prevention, diagnosis and prognosis, as well as experimental therapeutics. The DRP provides co-mentoring to the funded DRP investigators, in order that they obtain input from basic, clinical and biostatistical leaders, thus uptimizing the likelihood of developing the project into a full SPORE project or other nationally funded independent grant.
Current Funded DRP Investigators
- Amanda Bird, PhD, Assistant Professor, Joint appointments in the Ohio State University Departments of Human Nutrition and Molecular Genetics
- Denis Guttridge, PhD, Associate Professor, The Ohio State University Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics
- Shujun Liu, PhD, Research Assistant Professor, Division of Hematology, The Ohio State University Department of Internal Medicine
- Raj Muthusamy, DVM, PhD, Research Associate Professor, Division of Hematology, The Ohio State University Department of Internal Medicine
- Danillo Perrotti, PhD, Associate Professor, The Ohio State University Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics