Please click on the following link to place orders for OSUCCC Shared Resources:
The Microarray Shared Resource (MASR) provides numerous customizable and comprehensive resources for high-throughput microarray and next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies to the OSUCCC–James research community.
The microarray is a powerful, high throughput technology that can monitor thousands of gene mRNAs, miRNAs and sRNAs in a single experiment. From whole transcriptome analysis to SNP genotyping, CNV and DNA mutation analysis, the MASR supports and accelerates cancer investigators’ research through consultation, experimental design, RNA/DNA quantification and quality assessment, microarray and next-generation sequencing processing.
The MASR has recently acquired two new SOLiD 5500xl instruments, which represents a significant update to our existing next-generation sequencing (NGS) platform. The facility now boasts 2 SOLiD 5500xl ultra high-throughput analyzers and will retain one SOLiD 4 for transition projects and help to manage current overflow. This new system represents a significant change to the older SOLiD 4 platform, both in terms of increased high-throughput output (Gb) as well as enhanced accuracy. The 5500 series utilizes the Exact Call Chemistry (ECC) Module, for industry-leading accuracy up to 99.99 percent over 30 Gb/day worth of output. The new system now employs 12 separately thermodynamic and fluidic-controlled lanes per instrument. Along with the new system, MASR has acquired the new Lifescope software, a robust and powerful suite for NGS analysis. The MASR, along with the BISR, has installed this suite at the Ohio Supercomputing Center (OSC) to further facilitate NGS analysis and enhance our users’ end-result experience.
The MASR offers custom microarray design and fabrication, commercial microarrays (Affymetrix/Agilent/Nimblegen), next-generation sequencing (SOLiD XL5500, Applied Biosystems), and RNA/DNA quality analysis (Bioanalyzer, Covaris, QBit, NanoDrop).
The MASR’s services include: Whole genome epigenetic analysis, mRNA, microRNA, non-coding sRNA and whole transcriptome analysis; RNA/DNA-seq; whole and targeted genome re-sequencing, SNP genotyping, genomic DNA gain/loss detection on HD aCGH arrays, microRNA genomic gain/loss on oligo aCGH array, RNA/DNA characterization, microarray processing and data analysis.
The specific goals of the MASR are:
- To provide full service and support of genome-wide and targeted mRNA transcriptional profiling and SNP genotyping on Affymetrix and custom microarray platforms.
- To provide full service and support of genome-wide microRNA expression profiling using 10K human, canine and mouse microRNA expression arrays developed in-house, as well as other custom-built arrays.
- To provide and implement microarray-based detection of human and mouse genomic alterations through Agilent comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) arrays
- To provide diverse genomics and transcriptomics applications and discovery using SOLiD genome analyzer
- To provide quantitative measurement of RNA integrity and to improve the quality and reliability of expression analysis using Agilent Bioanalyzer.
Technical Directors: Hansjuerg Alder, PhD and Pearlly Yan, PhD
Please contact us by completing the Customer Feedback Form.