Parking & Transportation
Bus passes can be purchased at the Scarlet Ribbon Gift Shop in the Rhodes Hall lobby. For information about COTA's bus scheduled with stops near The James, go to www.cota.com, click on "Schedules," and select the "07 Neil Avenue" route.
Patient and Visitor Parking Garages
All parking garages at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center have designated handicapped parking spaces and elevators available. Visit www.campusparc.com to for more information, including estimated real-time parking information. Patients and visitors can park at:
• *12th Avenue Parking Garage (340 W. 12th Avenue)
• *SAFEAUTO Hospitals Parking Garage (1585 Westpark Street – bridge to Ross Heart Hospital)
• 9th Avenue East Garage (345 West 9th Avenue)
• *North and South Cannon Garages (1640 Cannon Drive)
*These garages are Pay-on-Foot Garages. Take your ticket with you on your visit and stop at the Pay-on-Foot station on your way back to your car. Pay-on-Foot machines accept cash, coins, validations, debit cards, and credit cards. Pay your parking fees, and insert the paid ticket at any exit lane.
Patient Valet Parking
Valet service is available in two locations on the Wexner Medical Center campus.
• James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute valet service is located in the James loop off 10th Avenue. This valet is available Monday – Friday from 6 a.m. – 5:45 p.m.
• Wexner Medical Center valet service is located near the main entrance off Medical Center Drive. This valet is available Monday – Friday from 5 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Validate your valet claim checks at registration or any Information Desk to receive a discounted rate of $5 per park or for each day. All other valet users are charged $11 per park or for each day. After hours vehicle pick-up is available at the Rhodes Hall entrance until midnight. After midnight on weekdays, or on weekends and holidays, call Security at 614-293-8500 (3-8500).
Free Patient Courtesy Shuttle Service
number of shuttle options are also available to patients and visitors.
• Free patient courtesy shuttles (formerly known as "Park and Ride") provide transportation to and from the Wexner Medical Center parking garages and buildings Monday - Friday from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. To access this service, please call (614) 293-8669 or use the call buttons located at the main entrances of Medical Center buildings and all patient and visitor garages.
• If you require transportation help after this time, please visit the Rhodes Hall information desk or call (614) 293-7300 for other transportation information. A shuttle runs Monday through between several main campus Medical Center locations and Martha Morehouse Medical Plaza. The first shuttle departs from Morehouse Tower at 7 a.m. and runs every 20 minutes until 6 p.m. Stops, in order, include the front entrances of Morehouse Medical Plaza Pavilion, the James Cancer Hospital, Rhodes Hall and Ross Heart Hospital and 660 Ackerman Road.
If you require transportation help after 6 p.m., please visit the Rhodes Hall Information Desk or call 293-7300 for cab or other transportation information. Please call Patient Experience at 293-8944 for additional information. Information subject to change without notice.
Maps & Directions
Click here for a map to The James
Visit The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Maps & Directions page for floor maps of The James or maps to other Medical Center locations.