The Right Company Can Make a World of Difference
Here are a few important questions to consider when selecting a health plan or insurance company:
- Is there a local number to call with questions? Is a toll-free 1-800 number available?
- Is there a person/customer service representative whom you can call directly?
- How fast are claims paid?
- Does the company measure customer satisfaction?
- Does it provide written explanations of claims payment?
- What is the process for questioning a claim if you feel it was not paid properly?
- What percentage of physicians in the plan are board certified (meaning the physician has passed an examination given by a medical specialty board and has been certified as a specialist in that particular medical area)?
- What is the average waiting time for getting an appointment with a new physician?
- Can you get extra insurance cards for your children to carry?